Fire Extinguisher Training Course
Our Fire Extinguisher Training Course has been developed to provide participants with the knowledge and skill required to select and use the appropriate hand held portable fire extinguisher in the event of an outbreak of a fire. Learners will be provided with the knowledge and skills required to enable them to assess the risk associated with fires and will be able to determine when it is inappropriate to commence first aid firefighting.
This comprehensive course will enable employers and employees to fulfil their statutory obligations under the Fire Safety Act, and Safety Health and Welfare Act.
Contents of course are:
- Theory of Combustion / Triangle of Fire
- Action to be taken by the extinguisher operator in the event of an outbreak of fire
- Identification of various type of hand held portable fire extinguishers
- Selection of the appropriate hand held portable fire extinguisher for a given fire
- Safe use of the hand held portable fire extinguisher
- Practical first aid firefighting exercise using a gaseous simulator
- Weekly inspection of fire extinguishers
- Monthly inspection of fire extinguishers
- IS 291