Management Health And Safety Training Course
Courses can be bespoke because of the difference in risks from one business to another, for example the training required for a chemical warehousing is totally different to the risks within an office block.
Example of course contents are:
- Health, Safety and Welfare legislation, 2005 Act, 2007 Regulations,
- Section 80 and 81 of the 2005 Act, Directors Responsibilities,
- Safety representatives and their role in safety consultation via the safety committee
- Communication skills for the management, safety representative and the safety committee, e.g. intranet, e-newsletters, notice boards etc
- Hazard identification, carrying out risk assessments and appropriate control measures
- Compilation of the safety statement, management responsibilities
- Carrying out safety and health inspections, the role of HSA Inspectors
- Sources of safety and health information, web sites, manuals, books,
- Risk control and safety and health management using the Hierarchy of Controls etc.