1. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can assist with Fire Safety Certificate Applications. Generally buildings constructed post 1992 require Fire Safety Certificates. Similar requirements are in place for material change of use or material alteration to existing buildings. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can assist clients with the preparation of such applications by liaising with the Local Authority and developing Code Compliance Reports to ensure compliance with Part B of the Building Regulations.
2. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can act as an Ancillary Certifier under Building Control Amendment Regulations (BCAR) 2014
3. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can offer clients legal advice re; Building Control Act, Building Regulations, Building Control Regulations, Fire Services Act, Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act
Fire Safety Management & Training
1. Fire Safety Management. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can assist clients assess their obligations regarding fire safety under the Fire Services Act and Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act. This course is designed for persons in control of premises and employers.
2. Fire Marshall / Warden. Having Fire Marshalls / Wardens can assist an employer in demonstrating compliance with legal obligations regards fire safety.
Fire Marshalls / Wardens are part of the overall fire safety strategy for our clients building.
This course aims to assist Fire Marshalls / Wardens understand their role by; overviewing legislation, examining notable case studies, explaining basic fire science, detailing site specific fire hazards, assessing emergency & evacuation procedures etc… The course also includes hands on fire extinguisher practical use.
3. Fire Safety Awareness.
4. Fire Escape Route Plans. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can assist clients develop Fire Escape Route Plans.
5. Evacuation Chair Training. This course aims to ensure the safety of staff and visitors with a disability on our clients’ premises. The course highlights the clients’ legal obligations and includes practical experience with our clients’ evacuation chairs.
Fire Risk Assessments & Audits
First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can assess our clients’ premises for compliance with the relevant statutory fire safety, or otherwise, legislation. A Fire Safety Assessment may be required by the Fire Services Act Section 18(6) but should be included in Risk Assessments as required by Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act Section 19.
Event Management Plans
First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd have experience in developing Event Management Plans for clients whom wish to stage events. These are required by Local Authorities prior to permission or licensing being granted, whichever the case may be.
Explosion Protection Document & Hazard Area Classification
Where explosive atmospheres are likely in the workplace, employers are legally obliged by the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act Regulations 2007 Part 8 to produce an Explosion Protection Document and produce and produce a Hazard Area Classification. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can assist in this regard.
Emergency Response Plans
Some workplaces such as chemical plants can be hazardous areas in which to work. First-Aide Health and Safety Ltd can develop Emergency Response Plans to assist owners of such facilities to meet the legal requirements of the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act Section 11.